Loser's Bench

HW: 419 SW:314 CW:282 GW: 170

Monday, June 13, 2016

Not just for jello shots anymore!

So, the research continues......

I stumbled upon a video blog by a woman who is not only hilarious, but filled with ideas and knowledge.  Check her out, her name is Jamie Quickert,  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCacyGDw5TcSvmGwKn5ES8dg.

I have been trying to figure out how to make the journey and choices I make as easy as possible.  Let's face it, my current MO is, if I am hungry and get home late, I make popcorn.  That is just not going to work after surgery!

Jamie shared that she uses the 2 oz "jello shot" containers.  Which is a tip she learned form someone else!  What a great idea!  I can prep on Sunday, and then all week, grab 1-2 containers for lunch and be good to go!  Funny to think that I will only be able to eat 1-2 containers at a time after the surgery (for awhile at least).  Of course, they won't be filled with Jello Shots, but they may be filled with jello! 

I have also purchased toddler utensils.  Hoping this will remind me to take small bites and chew, chew, chew!


I will be attending my first support group meeting on Thursday and looking forward to meeting everyone that is a part of the COMP family (GMBC's Comprehensive Obesity Management Program).  This is the reason I chose this program.  They support you before, during and after the surgery!  The surgeons are really committed to helping their patients succeed.

I am also starting in the pool this week......starting slow with some low impact classes and then hoping to move up to Aqua Spin!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment