Loser's Bench

HW: 419 SW:314 CW:282 GW: 170

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Grumbly Tumbly = Grumpy Gretchen


This time of year becomes very hectic for me.  Long days at work, angry parents that have to pay for their college student's damage billing and staff that is exhausted.  I don't spend enough time with my puppy and work 7 day work weeks.  I have always allowed this time of year to be an excuse for me to just eat crap and be inactive.  It is very easy to come home at night (stripping off clothes on my way to the bedroom to put on pjs) and make a bag of microwave popcorn for dinner (who wants to cook when you get home at 7:30pm?)

Sounds healthy right?  I am determined to make better choices this year. We usually purchase a few lunches for the staff during this time so they don't have to leave the property and can complete the work that needs to be done.  They decided they wanted a burger place that has the best milk shakes......when I placed my order yesterday, I lingered on the milkshake page and tried to convince myself it would be okay.......but then chose not to order one. 

Food prep was hard this week because I got back, from a weekend away, on Monday and didn't have food in my house.  I muddled through on Tuesday and went to the store after work.  I get pretty grumpy if I haven't eaten.  If you add in exhaustion with the grumbly tummy........look out, it is UGLY!  I knew I would need to eat when I got home last night, so I made sure I had some pre-cooked chicken sausages ready to go.  I popped a sweet potato in the oven for tonight and prepped everything I will need to through together a quick dinner tonight. 
 This is what I will be eating for dinner tonight (minus the deviled egg):
http://www.bariatriceating.com/2016/03/easter-dinner-plate-ham-glazed-pineapple/

I was still craving something before bed and I always try to eat protein right before bed so that I don't wake up starving.  so I made this and it was DELICIOUS!!!  I added mini chocolate chips.Seriously, you should try this immediately!  It tasted just like cookie dough and wasn't too sweet.  I am going to try it with chocolate protein powder tonight. Protein packed, but felt indulgent.
http://www.bariatriceating.com/2016/05/easy-everyday-meal-peanut-butter-cookie-dough/
I have to be extra intentional during this time of year to make sure I don't snack mindlessly or choose foods that just are not good choices.  I have to prep lunches and dinners. Breakfast is easy because I have a protein shake and maybe a small piece of fruit or some berries.

So this week the motto is prepare, prepare, prepare! 




No comments:

Post a Comment