Loser's Bench

HW: 419 SW:314 CW:282 GW: 170

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Reality is setting in

I can't believe it........WLS is becoming a reality.  I started the journey at the end of March with an information session, because I promised my PCP I would.  Then I met with Dr. Bello in April and I was still saying, no problem Gretchen, use the next 6 months as a time to really decide what you want to do and learn some new habits along the way.  Admittedly, about 4 months ago, I knew I was going to move forward with the surgery.  I started make positive life changes and seeing the change in my body solidified for me, that WLS was going to be the way to go.  I know I can lose the weight without the tool, but I have proven over and over again, that I haven't been able to maintain the weight loss.  I NEVER want to regain again!  Today, my reality began to creep up a little closer.  I received the call from GBMC COMP that said Dr. Bello approved my final appointment and that I could make it for as soon as the first week in October. 

I will admit, I teared up a little bit.  I was in a training session, so as soon as I had a break, I called and scheduled for October 6th!  UGH......now I am happier than ever that I gave myself September 1st as my cut off for alcohol and starch.  Last month, I was disappointed because I was starting to think my surgery wouldn't happen until late November.....now I am hopeful it will occur at the end of October. 

Sigh........it is amazing and terrifying to think that by the end of October, I may have a new tool to take my life back.  It is crazy to think that this time next year, I could be down over 100 lbs.  That is like loosing an entire person!  So......today, I will force myself to get in the car, drive to the gym, lift some weights, let my trainer push me and know.....that as the journey continues, as my body keeps changing........living day to day life WILL become easier.  Next step, figuring out how to navigate the world in a new shell.......I am guessing I will need some professional help with that and I am pretty sure, I will be asking Dr. Giggey to assist me!

So here's to the continued journey to healthier curves!  I hope those in my world continue to stick around for the next part of the journey.


2 comments: