Loser's Bench

HW: 419 SW:314 CW:282 GW: 170

Monday, November 21, 2016

Head Hunger is no joke!



So.....I have been doing no starches......that isn't a big deal, seeing I have been eating very few starches since April.  BUT, I am now doing 2 shakes (1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch) and then a protein packed dinner, with low carb veggies.  My head is trying to tell my stomach it is hungry.  I know it isn't.  I know it is all in my head because I am feeling deprived right now.  This is the first time on this journey I have felt like I was on a "diet".  This is self inflicted.  My plan calls for no starch for 3 weeks and then only 2 days on clear liquids.  I am so afraid my liver won't be small enough that I am trying to maximize these final days. 

Sunday, I will be starting 5 days of clear liquids.  Again, self inflicted.  Dr. Bello recommended 5 days, so I am going to tough it out and do it.  Thankfully, I will be working from home for part of that week.  Lots of jello, lots of popsicles and lots of broth.........Can't wait for the soft food stage!

I got this......my head has never been in this place before.  I am embracing the 2nd chance at life I am about to get.  I will take the reset, learn my new hunger cues and choose to love myself more than food.  I will remember I will be eating to live.  It is going to be difficult, but I know I can do it.

11 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment