Loser's Bench

HW: 419 SW:314 CW:282 GW: 170

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Challenge, Sacrfice, Rewards




Yesterday was the official start of Lent.  For those of you who don't know what Lent is:

Lent is the period of 40 days which comes before Easter in the Christian calendar. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter. By observing the 40 days of Lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ's sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days.

I don't go to church regularly, I should probably change that, but I do still try to live my life by the religious principles I was raised with.  So I always observe Lent.  Some years, I give something up and other years, I add something positive.

This year, I am doing a bit of a combo.  Because I am committed to a healthier lifestyle, I wanted to chose things that were beneficial to my goals, but also a sacrifice.  I have already sacrificed so many things for this journey (BREAD, pasta, rice, alcohol, my ability to eat more than 3 bites, and so much more). But...


So it is worth it!

I decided to give up my daily Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. CRAZY right?  This is always a difficult thing for me to do, but hey that is what sacrifice is all about. I have also committed to doing Yoga once a week in the month of March.....yep, not sure how I allowed, two of my friends, to convince me this was a good idea, but I did.  

I also committed to doing a March challenge, so I combined my Lent sacrifices with the March challenge choices.  Having the support of a group of people helps to keep me accountable.  The struggle to not get Dunkin is real!!!!  It is a comfort thing for me.  It is the one guilty pleasure I have held onto through my WLS journey.  
 
So I am committing to working out 5 days a week and doing something physical, intentionally, the other 2 days.  So, my schedule will be as follows (now, there may be special circumstances, where I don't make the class I am noting, but I will replace it with something else for the say.)

My schedule will be something like this:

Monday, Wednesday: Strength Training
Tuesday: Yoga
Thursday: Aqua Bootcamp
Friday: Physical activity 
Saturday: Aqua Bootcamp
Sunday: Physical activity 

Life changes are not easy......

But on a happier note, I have lost another 3 inches since 2.11.17.  1 inch in my waist, 1 inch in my stomach and 1 inch in my hips!

So, here is to new habits and a healthier life!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment